No, I am not talking about flowers or the song by Ray Stevens (you can view it here), I am just taking a moment out of my crazy day/life to see what is right in front of me.
- It is spring in Colorado, and the flowers are starting to come out and play.
- The fruit trees and lilac bushes have buds on them.
- Barn cats are popping out kittens. In a month or so, they will be cuddle-able (nope, that is not a word, but I did it anyway).
- I keep in constant contact with friends and family, much more than I did before (ashamed to say, but true). I realized that I never want to take any of them for granted.
- My sister and I are alive and well (we live together on our little farm and depend on each other all the time.).
- The earth is still turning, and I even read an environmental report that due to the lack of silly humans and all their bad habits (like driving, which I am also guilty of doing on occasion), the Ozone Layer is getting better!? I found it funny that all we had to do was stop doing all the junk we do, and the earth could heal – and so fast?!
- Yesterday it was 75°F – beautiful, calm, sunny, and I was outside cleaning, fixing, and watering all day. Today will hit a high (right now by the way -8am- and it goes down from here) of about 32°F and rain, turning to ice, turning to snow overnight. Gotta love Colorado weather!
- Even with the foxes getting into the chicken coup and taking off with two of our ladies, we still have one hen, and a rooster left. I am looking at this as feeding those in need and a reason to get more chickens (also spent half the day yesterday fixing up the chicken barn – AGAIN – thanx to them.).
- I am learning how to use “face-time” on my computer to talk live with my Grandson. It is still a bit of a challenge, but at least I can see and hear that he is doing ok.
- I had been following the exploits of Tom Hanks and his wife, Rita. Rita posted some of the songs that helped pass her time in Australia by using “Spotify.” I had heard of it but never used it before – now I am hooked (thanx Rita).
- I have tons of wild dreams (which lead to great story starters), listen to more music, and read so much more (something I have wanted to do for decades).
- I am CRAFTING – CRAFTING – AND MORE CRAFTING. Here is just a partial list of my fun:
- Crochet market bags – some to give to elderly/disabled and some to sell.
- Crochet bean balls (like a hacky-sac but a bit bigger/floopier) for fun and Grandson.
- Knit hand warmers, slocks (slipper/socks), and purses.
- Handmade cards: Birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas (I try to make extra each year to give to our elderly center so they can give to their loved ones.)
- Macrame with beading jewelry – new at this, so it is fun learning.
- Beading for making bracelets.
- Embroidery – learning new ways (like Crewel) and how to incorporate beads into it.
- Wood burning and woodworking ideas. I found a great
One last beauty to leave you with:
Ray Stevens: United We Stand song (with Lulu, Mama Cass Elliot, & Andy Williams)
P.S. If you would like more fun, funny, and uplifting songs from him; check this out:
(Click on the pictures and it will take you to a ton of his fantastic videos.)
You can also check me out at: https://helbergfarmstories.com/ for fun stories from our farm.
Paraproskodian sentence for this post:
“We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public”